The Inspector General of Police Mohammed Abubakar on Thursday decorated nine senior police officers at the Force Headquarters Abuja.
While addressing the officers who were promoted from the ranks of Deputy Inspector General of Police to Commissioners of police were all officially decorated with their new ranks, the Mr. Mohammed admonished the officers portray the confidence vested on them by the Nigeria Police by contributing their quota to the present administration’s agenda to a new face for the Nigeria Police.
He also charged them to live an exemplary live worthy of emulation especially in the face of the current national security, reminding them that their new position requires great responsibility to service that must be discharge with utmost diligence and competence.
Mr. mohammed while stating that the police cannot work in isolation, he admonished the officers to reconnect with citizens by cultivating and winning their friendship and confidence to serve to help them serve them better in the fight against crime across the nation.
Kudu Abdullahi who spoke on behalf of the newly decorated officers who deployment is being expected thanked the IGP and the Nigeria police for finding them worthy of the exalted office of the commissioner of police pledging uncompromised loyalty in the discharge of their new responsibility as CPs.
The newly decorated officers include:
1. CP KUDU ABDULLAHI NMA – (Formerly DC 2i/c Sokoto)
2. CP UMAR U. SHEHU – (Formerly DC Operations FCT, Abuja)
3. CP USMAN ISAH BABA – (Formerly DC Operations Zone 7 Abuja)
4. CP SAIDU MADAWAKI – ( Formerly DC Operations Zone 1 Kano)
5. CP USMAN YAKUBU – (Formerly DC 2i/c Nasarawa State Command)
6. CP ABDULMAJID ALI – (Formerly DC 2i/c Ogun State Command)
7. CP ABUBAKAR ADAMU MOHAMMED – (Formerly DC SCID Kaduna)
8. CP ABDUL SALAMI, – (Formerly DC Budget FHQ, Abuja)
9. CP CORNELIUS KAYODE ADERANTI- (Formerly DC Director Peacekeeping FHQ, Abuja)